FRANK ROBISON, ESQ.
Frank Robison, Esq. is the founder of the Robison Law Group LLC. Prior to starting the Robison Law Group, Frank worked as a Special Assistant Attorney General at the University of Colorado Boulder, collaborating with the Colorado Department of Agriculture and establishing innovative methods to conduct research with hemp, and as Vicente Sederberg’s Director of Hemp and CBD Practice Area. Frank has advised foreign governments on marijuana and hemp legislation, including Uruguay, Costa Rica, Canada and Mexico.
As a business person, Frank had seventeen years of business management and entrepreneurial experience at various high-tech companies, including working in the telecommunications and the semi-conductor sectors and owning robotics-based manufacturing and IT consulting businesses. He also managed the cigar interests for a multinational tobacco company with operations in Nicaragua, Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic working with the FDA and U.S. Customs Border and Protection/U.S. Customs Service. Frank was a Peace Corps Volunteer, Agricultural Extensionist, in Honduras working with farmers to incorporate nitrogen rich plants and to conserve soil.
Frank is fluent in Spanish, conversational in Portuguese and familiar with Chichewa, a Bantu dialect. He is also licensed with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a U.S. Customs Broker.
Frank Robison provides legal advice and counseling to a wide array of clients in the cannabis (marijuana and hemp) space including industry, university and not for profit organizations. Frank provides business and legal solutions to his clients in the following areas:
- Complying with hemp and cannabinoid regulatory matters at the state, federal and international levels including the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) and similar state and foreign country laws
- Excels in import/export and customs law matters and international commercial transactions related to cannabis and CBD and other cannabinoids
- Works with clients to protect and commercialize intellectual property specializing in licensing trademarks, patents, copyrights, software, trade secrets and know-how
- Navigating Latin American cannabis markets
- Counseling business on organization and structure planning and selection, including general tax planning and specifically IRC § 280E
- Offers creative and robust trademark and copyright clearance, protection and enforcement solutions at state, federal and international level
- Regularly drafts, negotiates and provides counseling on array of complex contracts including distribution, manufacturing, R&D, consulting and debt instruments
- Proficient in various corporate, governance, commercial, business, tax and international law matters
- Federal research compliance with marijuana including obtaining licenses from the DEA
B.A. Colby College
M.A. University of California San Diego
J.D .Vermont Law School
Magna Cum Laude
LL.M University of Seville, Spain
LL.M University of Colorado Boulder
LL.M Georgetown University Law
Frank’s Presentations & Publications
Frank has been published, presented on and participated in various cannabis media or forums including:
- Hemp Industry and Legal Challenges for Global Operations NoCo Hemp Expo Presenter ~ March 30, 2019 (scheduled).
- Organic Hemp: International Policy and Practices Law & Policy Forum Presenter at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law ~ February 2018
- Oportunidades de Mercado Regulado de Cannabis Spannabis Madrid Presenter ~ October 2017 (in Spanish)
- Colorado MED Legislation Implementation Work Group for HB17-1367, Marijuana Research and Development Licenses, Working Group Participant ~ September 2017
- Imports/Exports Issues Connected to Cannabis World Cannabis Conference Presenter in New York, NY ~ June 14, 2017
- Perspectivas Legislativas en el Uso Cannabis Medicinal CannabiSalud Presenter in México ~ June 3, 2017 (in Spanish)
- Industrial Hemp Infrastructure Development and Government’s Role in Import-Export-Transport of Hemp NoCo Hemp Expo Presenter ~ March 31, 2017
- Defining your Brand Culture Magazine ~ February 2, 2017
- Hemp Imports/Exports and International Property Issues Hemp Law Forum Presenter at the National Hemp Association ~ January 24, 2017
- Going Green: Deploying Capital to the Cannabis Industry American University Business Law Review ~ October 2016
- Cannabis Laws and Research at Colorado Institutes of Higher Education, Colorado Lawyer ~ October 2015.
- Intergovernmental Relations Hemp Law Forum Presenter at the National Hemp Association ~ July 9, 2015
- Various interviews for television, magazines and news outlets including the New York Times, Telemundo (multiple in Spanish), Cannabis Business Times, THC Hemp Connoisseur Magazine, IP Watchdog, and Sensi Magazine.